The PBHA collectively builds systems that improve the behavioral health life-cycle of care for all people of the Texas Panhandle.
Life-cycle of Care
- Early Intervention
- Mental Health
- Substance Use Disorder
- Other Addictions
The PBHA envisions a Texas Panhandle which promotes behavioral health and wellness where all people have access to high-quality behavioral health care when and where they need it.
- Behavioral health is a critical part of our community’s well-being.
- Behavioral health is an integral part of our community’s health care.
- Behavioral health services are welcoming, honoring and accessible.
- Practitioners provide compassionate, competent, and high-quality services.
- Healing and recovery provide hope for all.
- A collective effort to improve the life-cycle of behavioral health care creates a streamlined, efficient system which benefits our entire community.
- Our life-cycle of care includes reducing stigma and engaging partners by educating and informing the public about behavioral health.
- The role of the PBHA includes advocacy for policies and practices supporting
behavioral health care.
Areas of Focus
Three areas of focus have been identified to provide for organization of resources and planning toward greater impact. The role of the PBHA in these areas of focus is to: Assess. Inform. Improve. Transform.
Focus areas include:
- Access to behavioral health care and alignment with physical health care
- Workforce and recruitment for behavioral health professionals
- Prevention and early intervention for behavioral health problems
- Consumer Voice & Choice: Intentionally elicit the individual’s voice, choice and preferences, then prioritize this input throughout our work.
- Mindset of the Whole: Act as part of collective effort, rather than representative of a constituency.
- Sustainability: Think of place-based solutions.
- Collaboration: Work together to advocate and promote policies, values, and norms that are supportive of whole health and wellness.
- Outcome-based: Develop goals and strategies, link to observable indicators and metrics of success, monitor in terms of these indicators and plan revisions accordingly.
- Culture Building: Cultivate can-do narratives in our organization and the community.
- Environment of Trust: Respect confidentiality; if sensitive matters are shared, they stay in the room.