Title: PBHA Administrative Assistant
FLSA: Non-Exempt Salary: TBD
Segment: Panhandle Behavioral Health Alliance Location: Amarillo TX
Category: Part-Time Reports to: PBHA Executive Director
EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: Shree@PanhandleBehavioralHealthAlliance.org No calls, please.
Under the direct supervision of the PBHA Executive Director this position provides administrative and clerical support for PBHA. In addition to typing, filing, and scheduling, performs duties such as financial record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating communication, and working on special projects. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
• Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of emails and calls. Draft responses or replies by phone or email when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
• Acts as a liaison with United Way of Amarillo & Canyon and outside agencies, including high-level staff and a diverse group of stakeholders. Handles confidential and non-routine information.
• Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project coordinator for special projects, at the request of the PBHA Director, which may include: planning and coordinating travel, multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating communications, etc.
• Performs various administrative, secretarial and clerical duties in support of the executive director to ensure efficient operations and coordination as well as effective responsiveness to organizational and community needs.
• Types and designs general correspondences, memos, meeting notes, charts, tables, graphs, presentations, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for the accuracy and clarity of final copy. Creates and develops reports for the PBHA Director.
• Occasionally attend community events with and sometimes on behalf of the executive director.
• Maintains confidentiality and professionalism in all matters pertaining to United Way and PBHA.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT
The environment for this position is an open office that is mostly clean and comfortable. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. The incumbent is in a non-confined office-type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will.
The incumbent in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 25 pounds), seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, and reaching. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The incumbent for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, cellular telephone, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), computer terminal and related printers.
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal and written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, and multiple concurrent tasks.
• High School diploma, Associates Degree preferred.
• 2-5 years of administrative experience. Experience from the non-profit or health sector a plus.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office suite, Google suite and some social media skills.
• Competencies: Technical Capacity, Personal Effectiveness/Credibility, Thoroughness, Collaboration Skills, Communication Proficiency, Flexibility, Time Management, Stress Management/Composure
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.