Youth Behavioral Health Resources
Crisis Hotline: 1-800-692-4039 (toll free)
Pavilion Access: 806-354-1810. Option 3.
Amarillo Police Department: 806-378-3038
Texas Panhandle Centers (TPC)
- Crisis Hotline: 806-359-6699
- Children’s Programming
- Mental Health Screening/Psychiatric Services/Caseworker Services
- 1500 S. Taylor
- STAR (Services to At Risk Youth)
Services for Children
Texas Panhandle Centers Behavioral and Developmental Health
Services for children
1500 S. Taylor; Amarillo, TX
AISD Mental Health Services
Free mental health services for Amarillo ISD students (at school or in your home)
Student and Family Advocates: (806) 326-2057
Family Support Services
Multitude of programs for children that address mental health, bullying and suicidality, as well as reduce problem behaviors, delinquency and alcohol and drug abuse in children and improve social competencies and school performance.
The following listing is for residents of Parmer, Castro, Swisher and Briscoe counties:
Early Childhood Intervention Services
710 Quincy St.
- Verified list of therapists: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/tx/amarillo
- Amarillo Family Institute/Faith Based Options
- Amarillo ISD/Canyon ISD offers Mental Health Services through the Student and Family Advocates for ISD students only
- AISD: 806-326-2057
- CISD: 806-677-2448
- TPC Parenting Workshops/Classes
- 806-359-2005 or 806-337-1000
- 1500 S. Taylor
- Hope and Healing Place (Grief and Suicide Support Group)
- 1721 S Tyler St
- Family Support Services has Programs for children that address mental health, bullying and suicide, as well as reduce problem behaviors, delinquency, alcohol and drug abuse in children and improve social competencies and school performance.
- Turn Center (Counseling to children and their families)
- 1250 Wallace Blvd
- P.R.I.D.E. (Potter and Randall Intervention and Drug Education)
- 9300 S. Georgia
- Mothers Against Meth
- 3706 Mockingbird Lane
- ADAA: Anxiety Screening Tools
- Screen yourself or a family member for an anxiety disorder or depression.
- Symptom Checker
- Analyzes your answers to give you a list of psychiatric or learning disorders that are associated with those symptoms.
- Child Mind Institute
- Dedicated to transforming the lives of children struggling with mental health and learning disorders.
- Mental Health Resource Guide for College Students
- Curated by Maryville University Online to help provide some insight and relief.
- For more anxiety-related resources, check out https://angstmovie.com/resources-helpful-websites/
West Texas A&M University
- Student Medical Services
- Virgil Henson Activities Center, Suite 104
- 806-651-3287 (806-651-DCTR)
- Online Appointments www.wtamu.edu/Appointments
- Student Counseling Services
- Classroom Center 1st floor. Student Success Center, Suite 116.
- Phone: 806-651-2340
- Fax: 806-651-2398
- WTAMU Police
- WTAMU University Police department: 806-651-2300
- WTAMU University Police Department-Emergency Only: 806-651-5000
- WTAMU Victims Assistance (Meri Lyn Odell): 806-651-2307